French Wine Scholar Certification Program
8 class series plus 1-hr exam • $749 (early registration, more than one month before first class); $849 (registration within one month of first class)
The French Wine Scholar is the official curriculum for French wine as endorsed by Wines of France and the French National Wine Office. It was developed by the French Wine Society to provide current, accurate information on the wines and regions of France.
Intermediate to advanced students of wine who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar (FWS) post-nominal.
The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions regarding all French wine regions. The French Wine Scholar (FWS) credential will be conferred to those individuals who achieve a score of 75 or higher.
The course includes 8 classes, and the FWS exam:
- Loire Valley
- South of France
- French Wine Scholar exam
Includes: 8 classes, and the FWS exam
- 16 hours of instruction with tutored tastings ( each class is 2 & 1/2 hours)
- A 280-page, full-color FWS Study Manual (a $135 value) & FWS exam registration (a $150 value)
- Access for 1 full year to the FWS Online Study Program (a $295 value)
- Earning the French Wine Scholar (FWS) professional wine certification, certificate and lapel pin upon passing the FWS exam
- We will taste 6-8 wines each class
2014 Dates: September 6, 13, 20, 27, October 4, 11, 18, 25 and exam on November 8 (exam time TBA)
Class Time: 12:30 – 3:30 pm
Location: The Capital Wine School, 5207 Wisconsin Ave, Washington, DC